Get answers to the most frequently asked questions about public adjusters and EAG.

What does a public adjuster do?

Public Adjusters are insurance adjusters who work solely for the policyholder to represent YOUR best interests in handling a homeowners or commercial insurance claim, not the insurance carrier and their interests.

Insurance or Independent adjusters work for the insurance company, not you. These adjusters have been hired and trained by the insurance company to minimize your claim.

A public adjuster is the only type of insurance adjuster who works solely for policyholders and not for the insurance companies.

Do I need a public adjuster like Ettinger Adjustment Group?

As the policyholder, it is YOUR responsibility to prepare your own property loss claim, which can be difficult and time-consuming, and it can only benefit you to have a licensed professional assist you in this process.

Preparing and filing your claim without the help of a licensed public adjuster is no different than representing yourself in court without an attorney.

  • EAG’s licensed public adjusters represent your interests and not the interests of the insurance company
  • EAG public adjusters are proficient at interpreting the specific language of your policy and the complicated procedures required to settle claims
  • EAG’s objective is to ensure you receive the maximum financial compensation due to you, as outlined by your policy with ease and less stress
  • EAG understands the specific obstacles you face when dealing with your particular insurance carrier and policy provisions and endorsements
  • EAG will keep you informed during the entire process in settling your claim
  • EAG has handled thousands of claims, similar to yours over the years
  • EAG offers a free, no-obligation consultation on any potential property insurance claim

Our fee represents a percentage of the settlement amount we negotiate for you with your insurance carrier so it’s in our best interest to ensure you achieve the highest settlement possible

When should I call EAG?

Make sure to contact Ettinger before calling your insurance company.

Once you have called your insurance company, you cannot “un-call” them.

We will review your policy in detail and report the claim to your insurance carrier on your behalf and assist you throughout the entire claims process.

We specialize in reviewing and understanding all insurance policies and provisions/endorsements.

Please note: if you contacted your insurance company first, it is not too late to benefit from our services and experience. Please call us at (215) 364-1809 as soon as possible.

Does EAG have experience with my insurance carrier?

We’re happy to work with any property insurance carrier, and we have years of experience working with nearly all of them. All of that experience has given us unique insights into how insurance carriers handle claims and puts us in a better position to maximize your settlement.

Here are some of the carriers we work with most frequently:

  • AAA Insurance
  • Ace
  • Allstate
  • American Modern
  • Amica
  • Assurant
  • California Casualty
  • Chubb
  • Cincinnati Insurance
  • Cumberland
  • Encompass
  • Erie
  • Farmers
  • Farmers of Flemington
  • Farmers of Salem
  • Fireman’s Fund
  • Hanover
  • Harleysville
  • Hartford
  • Homesite
  • Liberty Mutual
  • Lloyd’s of London
  • Mercer
  • MetLife
  • Narragansett Bay
  • Nationwide
  • NJ Manufacturers
  • NJ Skylands
  • Philadelphia Contributionship
  • Plymouth Rock
  • Pure
  • SafeCo
  • Selective
  • State Auto
  • State Farm
  • Stillwater
  • Travelers
  • United Fire Group
  • USAA
  • Westfield
  • York Risk Services
  • And more

Call us at (215) 364-1809 to discuss your claim.